Lesson planning helps teachers to make their lesson effective and comprehendible. It also assists teachers to teach with confidence. Due to lesson planning, they are more focused on what they are going to deliver and want to teach their students. Proper lesson planning makes your lesson more structured and knowledgeable as you know in advance what major and relevant topics about your subject must be discussed during class session. To plan lessons effectively, here are some tips if considered will definitely prove beneficial in order to give you confidence and will make your lesson more structured. Considerations in this regard are:
- You should always consider having one or two alternative activities if you think that material that you have collected to deliver would not enough to take all the time. Hence, activities should be there to manage extra time that will left after delivering your lesson. Considering their subject related activities in this regard will be more valuable for you and your students as they will have an opportunity to revise their currently delivered lesson. You can set a question/answer session to make them engage.
- To better support your lesson, you can rely on building your own library of material. You can find several ideas by considering real world examples in order to put proof of a problem solution in front of students. Doing this will appeal students toward your lessons. Real world examples will better assist students to understand lesson.
- If you are going to teach practical as well as challenging subject, you should choose activities that are relatively easy to do. Considerations in regard of activities could be fill-in-the-blank exercises or guided discussion questions. Similarly, if your content is simple, you can consider adding challenging activities for instance role plays or problem-solving.
- You should also consider a key point which you may have often ignored that you should keep the focus on learners by minimizing time you spend talking as a teacher. Doing this will result in interactive lesson as you will be more focused on communication and interaction with students.
- You should also periodically consider taking time to think through your particular learner’s needs. You can ask students what they would like to learn by finding out any cultural factors along with language deficiencies if any, doing this will help you prioritize what you choose to study.
- You can plan your lesson on preceding material that once you have covered. It might be possible to teach similar theme in further session. Here, previously covered material will help you in order to ingrain vocabulary and concepts.
- After completion of each class, keeping a brief record of what you did will provides you with lots of benefits. This will assist you including notes about what worked didn’t with ideas for improvement. Note in your log about specific page numbers you covered in syllabus book.
It is hopped by reading above provided material; you have got a fair idea about benefits of lesson planning. These tips definitely will help you if adopted and will make your lesson plan more effective and structured. To keep comprehensive record of your lessons covered on daily basis in tabular form, format can be followed from Lesson Plan Template.